At the beginning of 2015, the Yara site at Gonfreville l'Orcher entrusted Alpha Maintenance with the preparation of the inspection work as part of its June 2017 Regulatory Order.
THE CHALLENGES TO BE MET
To this end, Alpha Maintenance's project manager was on site for one year and was entrusted with the following missions:
- Carrying out and drafting inspection programmes (3) and worksheets (340)
- Realization and drafting of annexes Non Destructive Testing (340)
- Technical and documentary preparation
- Accompaniment of the client in the preparation of calls for tenders for construction companies.
- As a result of this preparation, the company was awarded the follow-up of inspections during the shutdown.
The Alpha Maintenance team was in charge of the following files:
- Follow-up of the minutes relating to work on valves
- Integrate the collected data into the L-INSPEC inspection software, enabling the life expectancy of the equipment concerned to be estimated.
- Monitor additional work detected by the inspection work
- Supporting sub-contracting companies with inspections
- Draw up the "operating authorisations" at the end of the shutdown, to ensure that the installations are restarted.
- In the end, the preparation carried out by the team made it possible to carry out inspections of 340 pressure equipment, which led to more than 60 requalifications, and to control nearly 19200 measurement points using NDT methods such as Ultrasound, IRIS, eddy current, gammagraphy, penetrant testing, magnetoscopy and endoscopy in particular.